Converting your leads to customers is the final stage of your sales funnel and can be challenging without email marketing automation.
Many marketers know how to generate leads with email marketing but don’t know how to convert them to buyers, customers, or sales.
Experts online have many lead conversion techniques, but we will focus on how to use email marketing automation for better lead conversion.
What Is Email Marketing Automation?
Email marketing automation is a process that marketers use to send emails or promotional offers triggered by a specific action or timed.
These emails have been preset to send when your subscriber list takes specific steps automatically.
It has helped many save time creating and sending a new email whenever a prospect shows interest in their business.
Email marketing automation allows you to send personalized messages to your prospects.
Below Are Some Other Benefits of Email Automation
- Boosts Customer Engagement: Since it allows you to send personalized messages, your engagement rate will likely increase because prospects will connect better with you.
- Increases Efficiency: With email marketing automation, you save a lot of time and energy because repetitive tasks are being automated.
- Increased Sales: Automated features like recommending related products after a customer makes a successful purchase will lead to more sales.
- Integration Of Customer Buying Cycle: You can sell to your customers with a buying cycle using automated emails. For instance, if a customer subscribes to your product monthly, you can always send an automated promotional email during the same period of the month.
How to Use Email Marketing Automation for Better Lead Conversion?
Converting your prospects to customers is one of the key benefits of email marketing automation.
Understand Your Clients
To get a better conversion rate with email marketing automation, you need to understand your clients. This will help you provide a more personalized experience.
Understand their struggles, pains, fears, desires, and more so that you can promote an offer that they will buy.
You also need to know what they are searching for and what they love.
You can achieve all these by doing the following:
- Find the questions they ask on forums, Google, social media, blogs, and other places online
- Pay attention to the questions that they ask you
- Create an online poll
- Host Q & A sessions
Address Your Prospects’ Pain Points with Your Automated Emails
Having understood your customers’ needs, it is essential to address their pain points before trying to sell to them. You need to show that you sincerely care for them and not their money.
Addressing their pain points will lead to better conversion and more sales because your prospects start seeing your product as the right solution to their problem.
You can help them with how-to articles and other informational posts that address what they will find valuable. You can also share some helpful tips with them.
Get Smart with Your Content
Your email automation can help you send an email triggered by your prospects’ interest. It’s not about sending the best content but the right one at the right time.
People tend to be more interested in certain types of content than others.
This is why you should include various content formats on your social media timeline to attract the most leads.
The same logic is applied to email marketing automation. A user who found a topic on SEO interesting would also want to learn about other ways of getting traffic.
For instance, automated emails like “we saw that you read the article on ‘how to get started with SEO,’ would you love to see other ways to get quality traffic here?” will do.
Giving your prospects what they want regularly will increase the chance of converting them to customers.
Know When to Send an Automated Email
Not responding to your emails is bad for your marketing, just the way sending too many emails can annoy your prospects. So, you need to find a balance.
Your emails should only be triggered by important actions like new purchases and new sign-ups. Also, your emails should contain great offers, testimonials, and other valuable kinds of information.
Best Email Marketing Automation Tools
Check out some of the best email automation tools below:
Mailchimp – Best for Ecommerce & Agencies
- Large assortment of templates from which to choose
- Reporting analytics to check for performance
- Data import and export
- Statistics and reports.
- Allows third party integration
- Customizable templates
Moosend – Best For bloggers, e-commerce, Start-Ups, & SMBs
Some of the features are:
- Lead generation tracking
- Email personalization
- Behavioral statistics
- Landing page creators
- Real-time progression
- Products recommendation feature
- Filters and triggers
Ominisend – Best for Ecommerce
Below are some of the many features:
- Automate emails, SMS, and web push notification on a single channel
- A/B Split testing
- Automation reports
- Shopping confirmation feature
- Data integration
- Improved personalization experience
Convertkit – Best for Bloggers, Freelancers, SMBs, & Ecommerce
Many of the features are listed below:
- Numerous landing page formats from which to choose
- Easy to use with a drag and drop feature
- Click tracking
- Reports and analytics
- Has an API
- Template Management
- Contact Management
- Makes browsing easier
Lead generation won’t pay your bills but converting more leads to paying customers will. So, you need to take lead conversion more seriously.
Using the tips discussed today, you can use email marketing
As a Visual Digital Marketing Specialist for New Horizons 123, Julie works to grow small businesses, increasing their online visibility by leveraging the latest in internet and video technologies. She specializes in creative camera-less animated video production, custom images, content writing, and SlideShare presentations. Julie also manages content, blog management, email marketing, marketing automation, and social media for her clients.