Unlocking the True ROI of Learning and Development: Maximizing Impact on Revenue and Performance
by Brian Wallace
August 10, 2023

Maximizing the ROI of Learning and Development (L&D) initiatives is crucial for organizations, but it goes beyond simple number crunching. L&D is a direct path to aligning capabilities with business goals.

And millions of employees participate in L&D programs annually, covering various areas such as compliance, soft skills, upskilling, and product training.

In the wake of COVID-19, companies have increased their investments in training, with small, midsize, and large companies investing $1,400, $826, and $1,700 per learner, respectively, in 2022.

How You Can Track the ROI of L&D

Tracking ROI has become essential, particularly regarding revenue and profits.

Traditional metrics, such as the number of training attendees or those who completed webinars, hold less significance, and new metrics gain importance.

However, only 8% of L&D teams calculate their ROI, leaving 92% of L&D programs without success metrics.

Calculating the true ROI of L&D in 2023 is a challenge that requires considering several factors.

Measuring the increase in employee ability resulting from L&D initiatives is crucial, although many employees express dissatisfaction with the outcomes.

A significant percentage forget what they learned immediately, find the training irrelevant to their roles, or consider the content outdated.

Moreover, organizations often lack access to the right training content, resulting in a mere 10% of the money spent on traditional L&D delivering tangible results. Ineffective training costs $1,350 per employee.

However, the second route to ROI involves tracking the increase in revenue. Studies show that for every $1 spent on L&D, revenue increases by $4.70.

Arist, a microlearning platform utilized by 15% of Fortune 500 companies, provides a solution.

Arist allows organizations to measure ROI through revenue by attaching value to modern key performance indicators (KPIs) such as confidence lift, frequency of application, qualitative application of knowledge, internal mobility, and employee retention.

In Conclusion

It only takes 2 to 8 hours to create microlearning content, up to 195% less time than traditional methods, and employees can complete the content in just 5 to 7 minutes.

With an estimated annual cost of $96,000 per 1,000 learners, Arist offers an average annual savings of $480,000.

Arist reaches learners globally, including countries like Madagascar, Kenya, and Sudan.

It receives high satisfaction ratings from learners, with an average Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 79, surpassing the average NPS of 41 for software-as-a-service (SaaS) companies and -24 for learning management systems.

Unlocking the True ROI of Learning and Development: Maximizing Impact on Revenue and Performance

Boost your SEO Rankings

Give your Blog Posts the competitive edge with Video

Categories: Business

Related Posts

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

click here for a free video
Pictory Easy Video Creation for Content Marketers
Get access to 6000+ video templates InVideo
Renderforest Video Maker

Categories

Create Stunning Visuals with Visme
TUBEBUDDY FREE DOWNLOAD